The Trayvon Martin case is sending a very clear ugly message, and I don't like it.
The longer the Trayvon Martin murder case hangs over America's head, it sends a stronger and stronger ugly message to the general public. Yes I said Murder because I will guarantee you that almost ANYONE that has their Relative killed in this manner would consider it Murder, if you think I am wrong let me know. When the story about Trayvon Martin was exposed to the public, I knew it would be a huge issue; however, I didn't think it would progress this way. If I put to the side the fact that this whole ordeal is ridiculous for the following reasons to name just a few.
- Trayvon Martin was pursued and shot in Cold Blood with no arrest of the shooter.
- Zimmerman admitted he suspected an Innocent person as a criminal without probable cause.
- Zimmerman was illegally carrying a gun during his Neighborhood watch duties, and if he was not doing the Neighborhood watch, what business does he have bothering a person that is not doing anything wrong.
- Since when do we debate with the Shooter that kills someone in cold blood in the Media?
- In America you are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, however Trayvon Martin was shot and killed because he was assumed to be guilty, and we actually have some people in America defending it.
- Parents lost their child who was not doing anything wrong, and they are treated as if they were raising a mass murderer, having to debate with everyone.
- The Justice system has sentenced people to the Death Penalty with less evidence then what we know about the Trayvon Martin Murder.
- I would like to talk to ANY parent, regardless of their shade of skin color that would accept their 17 Year Old Child being Shot to Death in Cold Blood with any LAW, being used as the Get Out of Jail Free Card. (If you know someone like that, please have them call the MarshallTalk Show Live between 1pm and 3pm, on Tuesday or Thursday.)
- People use the excuse that there were robberies in the area by other Black Males, so I guess that means people should shoot White Males because they are most likely to be a Mass Murderer or Rapist according to the FBI. Of course that would be WRONG!
Ok there were just a few reasons why any person regardless of their ethnicity should have a huge problem with this case. Unfortunately we are not talking about anyone, we are talking about someone that was 100% innocent being shot in cold blood because he was considered "a Black Male", and that is based on what the shooter said. Being "a Black Male" was the only thing that Trayvon Martin did, that was considered wrong by Zimmerman. Think about it, Trayvon wore a hoodie, but many people have hoodies. Trayvon had Skittles and a Arizona Ice Tea, but many people eat and drink those. Trayvon had a Cell Phone, but most people have a cell phone. Trayvon was walking to his Dads house, most people have Moms and Dads. So now lets talk about all the Non-Black Males that are considered guilty for just walking, and then get shot to death. Hmmm, I don't know, but I can only kind of remember some people that are considered Black/Brown African Americans, or Black/Brown Hispanic Americans. Also for all those apologists, Zimmerman was considered a White or so-called Mixed White Hispanic American, he became just Hispanic in the Media because of the spin campaign that is being run on the Media, which they are buying at face value. Most of you that know a little about me from past shows, would know I HATE labels, because that is what is used to divide the population.
It is so dangerous what is happening right now, we are sending a message that any Black person can be shot dead regardless if they are guilty of something or not. I just can't believe the Media and the Government can't understand if we have to go through this much to have justice for an innocent Black Male "KID" that was un-armed. What would have to happen for the average Black Male to get justice like some people enjoy? Also all of these people saying "just hold on and wait for Justice", I would say SHUT UP, a family lost their Innocent Kid for nothing, and the authorities were NOT going to charge anyone with a crime. Please, ask anyone that says that, how would they be acting if their INNOCENT Kid was killed in cold blood? Actually you can even ask them how would they feel if their son or daughter was killed in cold blood regardless of the situation. I know most people would not accept what we want Trayvon Martin's family to accept. It is hard enough to deal with any death of a Kid or young Adult for most families without all this drama, I couldn't imagine what they are going through.
This case should not be about picking sides. Yes I believe this case is 100% about so called Race; however, if you remove everything Zimmerman said, he still should be locked up right now without bail because he is a threat to young Black Males. It is ironic that Black Males are prosecuted at a much higher rate for petty and major crimes than White Males. So I guess so called Blacks should accept the short end of the stick regardless of which side they are on--the Victim or the Convicted. This story tells me, and millions of others, that if you are considered Black, the Justice system is only here to convict and imprison you, and you don't have the same rights as others are provided by the Constitution.
I have written in the past that Race being injected into anything whether it is accurate or not changes the Justice system. It always seems like once a Black person's so called Race comes up it seems like the Crime or In-Justice gets eliminated and we have to debate whether or not the perpetrator is Racist or not. Again, let's just forget what Trayvon was, and let's just think about "Should any INNOCENT Seventeen year old be Shot in Cold Blood whether we consider them Black, White, or any shade in between?"